Thursday, October 7, 2010

Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.

-Bethany Hamilton


Buoyed by everyone’s encouragement, I hit yesterday’s and today’s workouts hard. Yesterday was awesome because after fourteen months I think I may have figured out double unders. YAY! I was doing 18-21 at a time and it was great! Yesterday was also the first day that I did NOT feel like I needed a nap and had no coffee in the afternoon. Today was the same, but better. I was so energized when I awoke that I baked and baked and cooked and cooked!

First I experimented with coconut muffins. Here’s a little tip: coconut flakes do not blend to make a flour-like consistency like oats do. They weren’t bad, I ate some, the kids took a bite and spit it out. Oh well. I have to tweak the recipe before I post it so they are actually edible for humans. One roast chicken, two turkey legs, two acorn squash and three sweet potatoes later I was finished.

We had the turkey for dinner, which I don’t have a picture of because apparently my kids were starving. Also, I scooped the acorn squash out of the shell, mixed it with chunks of sweet potato, walnuts and a few raisins, and WALLAH! Welcome Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment