Wednesday, September 29, 2010

and so it begins...

Yes, I am sad to say that I overestimated myself in the cravings department. I really did think that I could drive through this 30 days without much of a fight for refined carbs. I know, I know. Angela? Cake-maniac, cookie-fiend, biscotti-fanatic, brownie-obsessed, tortilla-dependent, cereal-addict...Angela...Cobb? Yes, me. Those dastardly refined carbs! My mouth literally almost dove into the box of KIX this morning as I was pouring, I mean, making a delicious hot breakfast for my kids. Hey, the spoons were hot cause they were clean. So there I was with cereal box in hand when I remembered my friend Amber from the gym gave me a great mock-cereal idea. Nuts, raisins, bananas topped with coconut milk. Tastes JUST. LIKE. CEREAL. No kidding. I did smash the nuts a little inside a baggie with a rolling pin, maybe a little much, but I had to drown out the sounds of mewling in the background from the kids waiting to be fed. Actually it was just the oldest and youngest since the middle one was in the corner with the open bag of raisins. Now, no judgement people, if the other two would eat dried fruit, too, they could've had food much earlier. Sometimes it's all about initiative, like thinking outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment