Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Golden Orange Scones

On Day 2 of my newest Whole30, I grabbed my newest favorite thing, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook and got to work. These scones are adapted from Elana's Orange Apricot Scones.


3 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 c evoo
1/8 c apple sauce + 3 T apple sauce
3 large eggs
1/2 c golden raisins
1/4 c freshly squeezed orange juice
1 T orange zest

Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, sift together the first 5 ingredients (to nutmeg).
In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients and process for about 30 seconds.
Stir the wet into the dry until thoroughly combined. Drop batter by 1/4 c 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets.
Bake for approx 20 minutes, checking after 15.


2 comments:

  1. OMG, those look delicious! Do you think substituting whole wheat flour would work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I don't see why not. Also, the recipe called for 1/4 c grapeseed oil (I used the evoo and apple sauce instead) and 3 T agave ( I used 3 T of apple sauce again). Also, I used raisins in place of dried apricots. That's it! I hope you try and like them as much as me!!!

    ReplyDelete