Friday, January 21, 2011

CrossFit Total

The CrossFit Total is the sum of the best of three attempts at the squat, the press, and the deadlift. The first attempt would be a weight you know you can do for a heavy set of three. The second attempt would be a weight you know without any doubt that you could do for a single, having just done the first attempt. And the third attempt is the weight you want to do, based on your performance on the previous two attempts. -Mark Rippetoe

Basically, you max out your weight with the three movements mentioned above.

Shoulder press is my worst move, since my upper body is weaker than my lower body. My max today: 80#. PR’d 15#

Deadlift, deadlift, deadlift. I’ve been beating myself up lately about body weight deadlifts. One Saturday in the near past, I tried the prescribed weight (body weight) and got through 2 sets of 14 before I felt I should drop weight because my back felt tight. Ten pounds off and it was better. And I felt like a wimp. The WOD took me 10 minutes longer than everyone else, and I had to drop weight. When finished, I went to the bathroom and cried. Nice.

Deadlift max today: 205#. PR’d 40#

Without encouragement from my fellow Crossfitters I never would have even imagined I could’ve tried 205. Thank you Tonya, Ed, and Meri!

Back squat. Out of the three moves today, I feel this is my best. Again, with the weight. Once the numbers get above 150, I start to freak out. It’s all in my head, but I exponentially concerned with looking like a fool...or worse, hurting myself for being stupid. It was okay, no injuries.

BS max today: 170#. PR’d 45# (I think).

With 455# today and my body weight, I am between intermediate and advanced. Wahoo!! Thank you CrossFit Rio Rancho!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl! That's awesome and 5# more than I've ever deadlifted :)

    ReplyDelete