Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins


Yesterday I did some much needed therapeutic baking. The only real control I have over my life right now is how I eat, and I need to get back on track with Paleo. I have made these muffins before, but I tweaked the recipe a bit yesterday and they turned out amazing. Great for breakfast or snack, save some or you may eat them all in one sitting.

The original recipe calls for grapeseed oil and chocolate chips (73%). If you didn't want to use any chips I am sure substituting your nut of choice would be just as tasty.

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins adapted from Elana's Pantry

1/4 c coconut flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1/4 c evoo
1/4 c agave nectar
1 1/2 c shredded zucchini
1/2 c carob chips

Oil your mini-muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350°. Mix the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. Mix the eggs, oil, agave, and zucchini together. Stir wet and dry ingredients together until well mixed and add the chips. Pour approximately one tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Makes exactly 24 mini-muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment