Sunday, November 7, 2010

3, 2, 1...Cook!


Yesterday some of my fellow CrossFitters and I attended a Paleo cooking class. It was great fun with all the gang. We learned some neat things, as well. Such as: sharpen your knives to better stab people who get in your way in the kitchen and how to perfectly chop an onion so it won't make you cry. *tear*

I also learned that I cannot dictate directions well, since I told my partner to NOT cook the chicken all the way through, that it would have more time with the sauce. Wrong. But it all worked out, everyone's dish finished at about the same time and I didn't poison anyone with salmonella. Go team.

Here is an amazing shot of my trainer in attire I never thought I'd see him in...

an apron!

And here's one of my super-cute cooking partner!
Our chicken dish is to the far left and she is standing in front of a squash gratin another group made. Everything was delish!

Of course, the ovens in the back helped. There's no way all of this would've been accomplished if not for the chef's commercial appliances. And her ENORMOUS kitchen! My favorite dish was the roasted seasonal vegetables. Cut them into same-sized pieces (squash, carrots, onions, bell pepper) and place them in a single layer on a sheet pan. Drizzle with evoo and toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 20min or so. Yum! The butternut squash was the best!

1 comment:

  1. While the food looks super yummy. . . I'm drooling over that kitchen. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete